Please read these notes before commencing the submission process
The International Association of Agricultural Economists (IAAE) is pleased to invite submissions for the 30th International Conference of Agricultural Economists (ICAE 2018) in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, 28 July – 2 August 2018.
Submission of Contributed Papers (Oral and Visual)
All Oral and Visual papers will be submitted, reviewed and managed in a single process. The Paper Review Committee will decide whether a paper goes into the oral or the visual stream.
In order to submit your paper, you will need to adhere to the following rules:
1. All papers must be submitted by noon GMT on 15 January 2018.
2. Full papers must be submitted in Microsoft Word ® or pdf and must be anonymous and include an abstract of no more than 200 words.
3. Papers must be no more than 8500 words in length, all included.
4. Papers must be presented by one of their authors, and an author may present only one paper in an Oral session.
5. The submitting author will also be asked to describe her or his personal fields of expertise using at least three JEL codes in order of expertise.
6. Submitting authors will have to commit to the following:
- That their work adheres to the strictest ethical standards. This includes a commitment that the paper does not cite articles published in predatory journals
- That they will review up to three other papers.
- That the presenting author is, or will become, a member of IAAE
- That the presenting author will pay the registration fee before final acceptance of the paper.
Review process and results
The allocation of papers for review will be completed by late January 2018. Reviewers will be expected to submit their reviews by 23 February 2018.
The review process will result in submitted papers being (1) accepted for Oral presentation, (2) accepted for Visual (poster) presentation, or (3) rejected. The result of the review process will be circulated by 10 March 2018.
Papers accepted for Visual presentation will be presented in electronic format only. Electronic poster boards (screens) will be available at the conference. Presenters of Visual presentations (formerly called posters) will need to prepare and manage their presentations according to technical instructions that will be available on this website.